To apply for the Richmond Scholars program, all interested students must:
- Submit a complete admission application by December 1.
- Complete all standardized testing by November 30.
Students who are selected to advance to the semifinalist round will be notified by email, and will select up to two designations for consideration at that time. Those students whose applications do not advance to the semifinalist round will not be notified.
Students interested in applying for the Artist Scholars designation must also:
- Submit an Artist portfolio, via URL, by December 1. Email the Scholars Office with your name, date of birth, high school, Common Application ID or University ID (if you know it), and the URL of your work (Picasa, Dropbox, Googledocs, YouTube, etc.). If you are using Dropbox or Googledocs please allow permission for other users to view your videos. Please ensure that the URL you provide containing the materials you wish to be considered remains active through March 31. Portfolios should be structured as follows:
- For actors and dancers, an audio or video link containing a recorded audition of two contrasting solo pieces, lasting no more than five minutes total for both pieces.
- For musicians, an audio or video link containing a recorded audition of two contrasting solo pieces, lasting no more than ten minutes total for both pieces.
- For composers, an audio or video link containing a recorded audition of two to five personal compositions.
- For theatre designers, an electronic portfolio containing up to 12 photographs of theatrical design work that includes at least one photo of a realized design or portion thereof.
- For studio artists, an electronic portfolio containing up to 12 original pieces of artwork or a video under 10 minutes.
For further details about the required Artist Scholar submissions, please email the Scholars Office.